Thursday, November 15, 2007

In the Beginning.........

So here it is the obligatory mental masturbation that is anonymous blogging. The question at this point is really three fold.

1) Will anything I say or think make sense and if it does will anyone give a rats ass.

2) Will I update this thing on any kind of regular basis, or will it become what most blogs do; a timeless electronic billboard of misplaced ambition and neglect.

3)Will I end up on some FBI/Homeland Security watch list or hunted by fanatical right wing conservative jihadists.

So let's set some basic expectations down. First, I am a cyclist. I'm not completely around the bend about it, I actually own and use a car everyday. I don't race but I like to spend time outside riding my bike around in circles. I've been at it since college. I've never really understood riding indoors, but then I didnt understand road riding earlier when I was a mountain biker earlier either.

I spent a good deal of my professional life in kitchens as a line cook and sous chef. I've worked in some really nice places and some really bad places. I like food. I like to cook food. I absolutely dont understand those who spend so much of their life never learning to one of the most basic aspects of our lives at least enjoyable. I do occasionally eat fast food, I'm not saying that you've got to eat only haute cuisine or your crap. I love a good chili dog as much as the next guy, just use good chili and a good dog. 7/11 doesnt have either.

And I'm a life long democrat. LIBERAL! The only reason I still vote democrat is that there isnt a viable more liberal party available. I'm an atheist. Just because I dont believe in God doesnt mean that you shouldnt, just please respect my religion or lack thereof. Government should provide services to its people and protect them from injury from others. It should work hardest for the poorest, because they have the least ability to protect themselves from others taking advantage of them. It should not dictate morality. It should provide education all the way thru college. It should provide roads. It should provide police. It should provide a standing army to protect us from foreign aggression. And Yes, it should also provide some sort of basic health care to EVERYONE, just like, literally, every other civilized country in the world.

No comments: