Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fall Riding

So I went out for a ride on my usual "hilly" loop. It's not all that long, but its never really flat either, so you get a good bang for your buck, training wise.

When I started it was in the hi 40's and the wind was blowing around. I was sitting on the couch watchin tube, knowing I should go out. Knowin' that it wasnt *that* cold. Why is always so hard to get rolling once the weather changes?? All I want to do is sit on the couch, drink beer, eat something hot and starchy, and watch movies I've already seen a dozen times. I had a good time once I got warmed up. And I considered stretching it out a bit. Another 5-10 miles or so. Oh well. Beer is good.

In other news;

Chris Horner, Chechu Rubiera and Vladimir Gusev have all signed with Astana for next year. Rumor is that they'll be riding Treks. Ahhh, the new look Disco boys. Will they actually have *any* Kazakh riders on this team or what. In a solid move to improve the image of both Bruyneel and Astana, they have hired the Doctor (Rasmus Damsgaard) that ran CSC's drug testing program last year. Last year 28 CSC riders subjected themselves to over 600 doping tests. Lets see any major league team of any sport live up to that. Good luck Astana; you've got a HUGE hole to dig yourself out of, but at least your trying.

GO Slipstream!!

F U Barry Bonds.

No comments: